Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sam's 1st Birthday approaches!

Sam's 1st birthday present is Finished & Fabulous!!!

This Pattern (http://electricbiscuitonline.blogspot.com/2005/06/clone-mr-dangly.html) is super cute, but I adapted it to be seamless just ‘cause I can’t help myself when I know it can be done.
I will also post that mostly seamless version here on my blog (once I’ve got my grading done & Sam allows me more computer time…).

I hope the use of Stashed Magic Stripey Stuff (Thank you, Colleen!) will not bring shame upon the “House of Dangly”!


I’m really pleased with the results (which will be Sam’s 1st Birthday present!!!). However, I am still uncertain how to finish it with eyes.
The buttons that the pattern calls for are unsuitable for the under 3 set…
I ended up stitching closed eyes with cotton crewel thread… but I’ll change to buttons when Sam is old enough.

There is another toy in process for the birthday: Sneaky Snake!

Hang on to your root beer!
(Get to know about Tom T. Hall’s childrens’ songs if’n you don’t get it!)

Sneaky snake will be a slitherin’ & a prancin’!

I hope Sam loves it, too.
I am following an early morning pattern vision for a snake that actually “slithers” rather than just layin’ there. (Yes, a free pattern is soon to follow...)

2 comments:

tata said...

You are so talented! You make the funnest stuff - I'm sure Sam will love it!

BopBop said...

I'm wondering if you know what brand the stripey yarn is?
I love how it worked up! So great you got the look of changing colors without having to!