Monday, September 15, 2008

This was the eeriest & greyest of days here in Louisville…

60% of the Metro area without power as we recover from the windstorm the aftermath of Hurricane Ike brought us yesterday… Schools are closed… Open gas stations are few & far between… Businesses are open where they are able.
I am one of the lucky ones. I have power. (In fact, some of my family & neighbors have already come by to shower & charge their cellphones)

Grey though it may be on the outside, Inside my house is lovely & bright. (Yes, any free day I get to spend with Sam is a good one… But, there’s another reason…)
The mailman brought me a package of Sunshine & Butterflies from Texas.

How could I tell it was a box of butterflies? I saw the cocoon when I opened it!

SOABox

There was a note from Mariesa telling me to unwind the cocoon to find her too-thoughtful-to-be-random acts of angel kindness inside!!!
(…Plus, a mysterious envelope meant to be opened when the cocoon was completely unwound!)

Okay… I’m smiling…

IMG_2178

I swear the room got brighter & the sun came out as I unwrapped! Sam stood up & chewed on the edge of his pack’n’play as he watched with more than prurient interest… I think he KNEW something in that wondrous blue cocoon had to be for him.

SOABSam1

As I unwound, treasures were revealed:
~Soft Acrylic Worsted for my Art Kids!
~Sweetie Sweet Pea soap!
~Sammy-style bath crayons (though ya know Mamma’s gonna be using them with him!)& a Clifford (ALWAYS a love of mine!) washcloth to clean our art away
~ Natural Chamomile Baby Shampoo for his sweet head!
~2 brew packs of Cafe Ole Coffee from Houston (yum!)
~A bounty of fine Fiesta Seasonings from Bolner’s (Fajita Rub, Primo Chili Powder & Whole Anise… my mind is reeling with the possibilities for these!)

It seemed as if this cocoon would not stop dropping goodies!

Each sweeter & more perfect than the last… Each wrapped in a note explaining the depths of Mariesa’s good intentions (& careful research!). Sam started laughing with me! Then, demanded out to play with what he knew was his stuff!

SOABSam

Next, a hand knit skinny scarf in the most perfect color of red for me (I even had to put a towel underneath it for the photo… it matches my knitting photo chair so exactly!).

Then, as I finally reached the end of the winding…

100 grams of gorgeous taupe Skacel laceweight merino!!!

…enough to make either of the patterns in the mystery envelope!!! (In the Pink by Izzy (which is in my favorites & was waiting the indulgence of a good yarn… Or, now I am diverted from my original plan by the elegance of Queen Anne’s Lace!)

SOABox1

I made a point NOT to ask for an angel package. This swap was not about the things for me. I wanted to find love, caring & understanding. Now I have 2 boxes that are far more than the treasures they contain.

I cannot believe my luck to have found such a community of such caring, graceful, gentle ladies!
Check the smile, Mariesa! Spoilage accomplished!!!

IMG_2173

I have sooo much good Karma to spread around! Watch out SOAB!!!
Who’s next!! My needles are itchin’ to spread some LOVE!!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ooh, we are jealous of your bath crayons! What a lovely package... I'm glad it all worked out in the end.