Saturday, September 20, 2008

Amazing Lace Swap Bliss!!!

Bliss!!!

Thank you so much for my splendiferous box o’ lacy treasure!

Note face upon opening box:
lacebox1

The whole of the box is really more than the sum of its parts, but here’s a manifest anyhoo:

-A package of stitch markers Jennifer made her very own self (in the ideal size & style for lace…)
-Copies of two patterns I have in my queue, Firmaments Lace Shawl & Luna Shawl & a dry erase marker to keep my ADD self in the right place
-Charming handmade note cards which are perfect for any & all correspondence to knitting peeps
-Soothing yet invigorating tea to keep me focused as contemplate which project I need to start first.
-6 skeins of my beloved Hempathy in my favorite-est color ever (more than enough to make a Saffron Luna!)
-A ginormous cone of scrumptious Alpaca Silk Ambrosia in a perfect shade of Spicy Burnt Sienna! Ack! SQUEEE! Ack Again!
(I am so happy I did not wake up the sleeping Sam as I did my “Interpretive Dance of Ack & Squee” through my living room… Because that allowed me plenty of time to fondle all that incredibly perfect fiber!)
lacebox2

lacebox3

I am BEYOND happy! Check this goofy mug:

lacebox4

My cheeks are hurtin’ from the smile this box has been giving me since I’ve opened it!
…& it’s a shame hyperbole reads poorly in the virtual world of bloggage, ‘cause I have to say:

Queenmamajen, you put the AMAZING in the Amazing Lace Swap!

You really looked at my wants & needs & used great prudence & discernment in your choices. You have more than renewed my faith in the swap process. (I also have Ania & Mariesa to thank for that, as well...) I feel loved from a distance & spoiled up close & personal!

My needles are sooo ready to click into a serious lace project!

I can only hope to bliss out my own Amazing Lace Swapee as much as you have me.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

What amazing goodies you received!

Swaps are fun!

Unknown said...

I saw your "Sam's Santa" suit and would love the pattern if you still have it available. Please e-mail.