Sunday, November 23, 2008

Soylent Koolhaas!

"It's People! PEEEEOPLE!!! Tell EVERYONE!!"

Sooo. I realized that 3 pair of endpaper mitts by Christmas was an unrealistic goal… sigh.

(I should be putting grades together instead of writing this! I should be house cleaning! I should be doing a lot of other things, but here I am writing about my knitting...)

So, I back up & punt with some stash (Thanks for the de-stashing gift, Colleen!).

Looking yummy so far… The end product is very thick & snuggly!
Well worth the fussiness of the cabling!

I have to say the crown decreases are simply perfect! They are elegant like a math equation… Sometimes I am simply awed by what is possible in knitting.

The actual yardage is something like 140-5 yds, so there are yarn-y leftovers for wrist cuffs or mini mitts…
I will have to experiment with making little tubes of the pattern… I'll print up a little pattern when I finish. The only trick bit will be placing a thumb... Perhaps a little afterthought thumb should poke out of one of the diamonds. We'll see. I can only find out by knitting them up...


Ah well... Back to grading the Art Folders... Bleah.

No comments: