Saturday, November 8, 2008

Abuse & Neglect...

Oh, my sadly neglected blog...

I have so much to post I don't even know where to start!

I guess I'll start with some back tracking:

I first designed these gloves a a serious modification of the cigar smoking glove from knitty. (other than a few of the counts, it is now quite different… But, you have to start somewhere!)

Foolishly, I made them for a lover who took about as good a care of my heart as he did the gloves. He lost them in the first month of having them as a Christmas gift.
Well, I know much better now…


The version(s) you see here are lady-sized or men’s small of the same lost project made in colors I like far better. After doing the first versions, I learned that if you have a set of 2 sts of black along the gusset edge, the intarsia “jumps” do not show at all & an i-cord style raised edge is created.

That innovation pleased me far better than that man ever did…

In other news... I have lifted my "crochet ban" due to some pumpkin cuteness I found on "them internets"...

Normally, I am not fond of crochet. However, these amigurumi style patty-pan pumpkins are too scrumptious! Sam NEEDED one… Then, my Mother NEEDED one…

Ah… seasonal craft mission creep.

Thankfully, these can be quickly knocked out in an evening (Two (or so) hours at the most, I swear… ).
They use a negligible amount of worsted wt. stash yarn. Great for last-minute gifting!

(There is a useful crochet tutorial on the “video crochet” forum on ravelry... check it out if you are so inclined.)

Other images of Pumpkin related cuteness?

See what a difference a year makes:

This hat was a part of the great pregnant knitathon of 2007…

The hat is a simple 70 st stem hat (see the dred-ly pattern in a previous post if you want the walk-through...) with duplicate stitch jack o’ lantern embellishments.

Sam wasn’t so wild about the pumpkin suit, but he was accepting of the hat a year later…

Man, has that noggin GROWN!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

OMG I can't believe how fast his first year has gone. He is even more adorable now.