Friday, June 27, 2008

These Needles for Hire!

Everyone who knits anywhere near me has had an earful of me & my “Yarn Diet”.

I might should oughta cool off about it, right?

Well… I will eventually, but last night I received a “squeaky wheel” boon from the yarn gods.

My fingers have been yearning to work some lacework with (Blue Sky) alpaca silk ever since it came into the shop! Would I REALLY ever actually WEAR the gorgeous product of such an experience? Probably not. If my cat or coffee mug didn’t do something horrible to it, Sam would.

A wonderful Lady who intermittently comes into the KN has commissioned me to knit this project for her! (Clementine Shawlette by Michelle Rose Orne, which was published in Interweave Knits Magazine, Spring 2007)

Get paid for indulging my yarn lust? How does this happen?

Why am I writing this now? I should log off & get back to it tout de suite!





Later in July...Here is the Finished Product!!!

I hope my patroness wears it in happiness & good health!

2 comments:

Wolfgang said...

Woo-hoo! Both for the blog and the commission.

Sonya said...

Oh, to get paid to do what you love, that is a wonderful thing.